This Week at SO: October 29, 2012
It’s the first week of classes, so register now!
It’s the first week of classes, so register now!
NEW this cycle, starting Tuesday, October 30th, from 8:30pm – 10:00pm. Argentine Tango Performance Class, running for FOUR MONTHS and including three scheduled performances!
Below are the practices, workshops, and parties scheduled for this upcoming week at Stepping Out Studios. You can always view all of our classes, workshops, practices, and parties on our online scheduling and booking site.
Monday, October 29
- 9:30pm – 11:00pm: California Mix Practice Party (EVERY WEEK). Practice the latest West Coast Swing steps with all your Westie friends and family. This hosted dance Practice gives you an hour and a half of practice with our popular West Coast Swing and Country instructors, Sophie Cazeneuve and Kendall Pham, on hand to answer questions and play your favorite tunes.
Tuesday, October 30
- 8:30pm – 10:00pm: NEW Argentine Tango Performance Class with Adriana Salgado, running for FOUR MONTHS and including three scheduled performances! See above for details, or click here.
- 9:30pm – 10:30pm: International Standard & American Smooth Practice Party (EVERY WEEK). Practice your dances and improve your technique. Join us every Tuesday and Saturday for an hour or more of practice!
- 9:30pm – 10:30pm: Argentine Tango Practica (EVERY WEEK). Practice all your Sacadas, Boleos, and Ochos at this fun hosted practice. Instructors are always on hand to help you through the rough spots.
Wednesday, October 31
- 9:30pm – 12:45am: Hustle Jam Party, hosted by Billy Marti (EVERY WEEK). Hustle dancing until 12:45 am. DJ Nelson “Paradise” Roman! Every 1st week of the series features a professional Hustle dance performance, plus complimentary food and wine; every second week features non-stop dancing; every third week features a guest DJ; and every 4th week of the series features a Raffle surprise and Jack ‘n’ Jill Contest for fab prizes! Note: this Party does go till 12:45 am, but due to software limitations can not be listed as such in our online schedule. General public $10; Stepping Out Studios members $6.
Thursday, November 1
- 8:30pm – 10:00pm: NEW Argentine Tango workshop with Hernan Brizuela, consisting of four 90 minute sessions. Discover and perfect new complex Tango patterns. A minimum of 6 months of Tango experience is recommended. Please confirm with the instructor that you are ready for this level.
- 9:30pm – 12:00am: La Milonga de los Amigos, hosted by Anton Gazenbeek, Adriana Salgado, Yaisuri Salamanca, and Sarah La Rocca. Part practica, part milonga, featuring an open dance floor for dancing and practice, and welcoming tangueros of all levels and styles! All of the instructors/hosts are available for dancing, questions and advice from 9:30-10:30. It’s an especially great opportunity for advanced beginners and intermediate dancers to improve their technique, floor craft, and etiquette. Take advantage of the opportunity to dance for a full hour with professional instructors. For advanced dancers or couples, it’s a great big space for practice. All are welcome! General public $10, currently registered Stepping Out Studios students $6.
Friday, November 2
- 7:30pm – 8:30pm: All Levels Open Choreography workshop (4 sessions). Advanced international Latin choreography taught by three time Austrian Champion, Werner Figar. $24 drop in or $79 for all 4 sessions.
- 8:30pm – 9:30pm: FREE Introductory Group Class for Salsa, Swing, and Argentine Tango (EVERY WEEK). This class will introduce you to the basics of partner dancing. The goal is to introduce you to Stepping Out and give you a taste of what the group class learning experience is like. A few dance styles will be covered and an orientation to the space will be given. It’s fun, easy and highly recommended for those that want to start their dance learning experience on the “right” foot.
- 9:30pm – 11:00pm: Salsa Practice Party (EVERY WEEK).
Saturday, November 3
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm. International Standard & American Smooth Practice Party (EVERY WEEK). Practice your dances and improve your technique. Join us every Tuesday and Saturday for an hour of practice!
- 5:00pm – 5:30pm. Argentine Tango Practica with Adriana Salgado. Practice all your Sacadas, Boleos, and Ochos at this fun hosted practice. Instructors are always on hand to help you through the rough spots.
Sunday, November 4
- 1:00pm – 2:30pm. Join the amazing Xavier (“X”) Marzan for a high energy, super fun ZUMBA® class! Xavier has developed a cult following — his Zumba® students can’t get enough of his boundless energy, enthusiasm and contagious love of dance. Xavier is a classically trained ballet dancer who has been a certified ZUMBA® Instuctor for more than 3 years (he is also a certified ballroom instructor). Xavier’s passion for making dance a multi-generational interest by combining modern techniques with classical elements has shaped his career as an instructor of dance and influences his choreography for his ZUMBA® classes. Come experience the “X” factor and see what it’s all about!
- 3:00pm – 6:00pm. “Tango y Té” Argentine Tango Practica (EVERY WEEK). Join Host Maria Jose Sosa in a relaxed atmosphere to practice your favorite Argentine Tango steps with the best music, on the best new dance floor!. Enjoy the popular tea table offering complimentary varieties of tea, cakes & pastries. All levels are welcome to this popular practice session! General public $11; Stepping Out Studios members $8.